MMA Urges Physicians to Take Steps to Avoid Medicare Payment Penalty
The MMA is reminding physicians that the Medicare reimbursement system has changed, and, if they have not done so already, they have until December 31, 2017, to take a few simple steps to avoid a Medicare payment penalty in 2019.
The changes are part of the government’s implementation of MACRA, the new Medicare law that will affect physicians and practices of all sizes. 2017 is the first year of reporting under MACRA’s Quality Payment Program.
For those who were not prepared for full participation this year, reporting quality information on just one patient and one measure in 2017 will allow physicians to avoid a Medicare payment penalty in 2019. Click here for the MACRA resource center available on the AMA’s website.
The MMA is a supporter of finding ways to strengthen Montana’s trauma care system. Providing regular education is a key component and the new mobile simulation training trucks and high definition simulation manikins can help meet the goal of providing education and training to rural EMS services and hospitals.
Simulation in Motion Montana is currently seeking applications for persons interested in serving on the board. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of this new Montana endeavor.
Click here to read more about Simulation in Motion Montana, Inc. (SIM-MT)
Click here for the application to the Board of Directors
Your online community - MMA Connect is your one-stop-shop to connect and get ideas from your colleagues. Visit engage.mmaoffice.org to explore your benefit!
Visit engage.mmaoffice.org to get started!
- Networking - get feedback and answers from other doctors via blogs and discussions in communities that are easy to create, join, and follow
- Libraries - share and enhance your knowledge by uploading and reviewing files relevant to communities and interests
- Robust profiles - feature your published works, personal social media links, and expanded job history
- Member directory - find and connect with MMA members that you know, or find new members to connect with
- Mobile capability - featuring an intuitive app allowing you to connect on the go