ANNOUNCING NEW MMA PRESIDENT DR. NICOLE C. CLARK
The Board of Trustees Meeting, held Saturday, September 23, 2017, the gavel was passed from out-going President, William S. Gallea, M.D. of Helena to Nicole C. Clark, M.D. of Helena.
Nicole C. Clark, M.D. specializes in neurology at St. Peter’s Hospital in Helena, Montana. She has been a member of the MMA since 2010 and has come to be a powerful voice of leadership at both the state and national level having served as a member of MMA board of trustees as well as a delegate to the American Medical Association (AMA) for the past six years.
To see all of the newly elected officers for the MMA Board of Trustees please Click Here.
Take advantage of the newest MMA Member Benefit from SoFi!
SoFi has partnered with the MMA to offer members and their families a $400 welcome bonus1 when they refinance their student and Parent PLUS loans with SoFi through SoFi.com/MMA.
- Savings: SoFi M.D. borrowers can save $577 a month2 over the life of their loans when they refinance.
- Rates: Low variable and fixed rates.
- Simplicity: Consolidate all existing student loans (federal and private) into a single loan with one monthly payment.
- Perks: SoFi offers career counseling, member events, a referral program, and more.
- No Hidden Fees: No origination fees and no prepayment penalties.
Visit www.SoFi.com/MMA for more information about this member benefit.
SoFi Informational Webinars
SoFi will be hosting 20-minute educational webinars on Wednesday, November 1st, at 7p MT and Friday, November 3rd, at 12p MT to answer questions about student loans and how you can save on your student debt by refinancing.
Please register HERE for the webinar. You will have the opportunity to anonymously ask questions and receive real-time answers. Feel free to invite your family and friends to join the webinar if they would like to refinance, or learn more.
Have you seen the MobileSim trucks yet?
Last year, the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust granted Montana funds to implement Simulation in Motion Montana, or MobileSim. Through the grant, three mobile simulation training trucks and high definition simulation manikins were purchased with the goal of providing education and training to rural EMS services and hospitals.
The MobileSim trucks feature three rooms - a fully functional emergency room, the back of an ambulance, and an observation room. The manikins are high-fidelity computerized training tools that talk, breathe, have heartbeats, and react to medications and other actions of the learners.
Now that the trucks are purchased, the next step is for Simulation in Motion, Inc. is to contract with a Project Management Entity to manage day to day operations such as staffing and education. A Project Management Entity will be selected through an RFP process.
You can find out more about Simulation in Motion, Inc. clicking here.
You can read more about the Project Management RFP by clicking here.
Your new online community - MMA Connect - is now available! MMA Connect is your one-stop-shop to connect and get ideas from your colleagues. Visit engage.mmaoffice.org to explore your brand new benefit!
Visit engage.mmaoffice.org to get started!
- Networking - get feedback and answers from other doctors via blogs and discussions in communities that are easy to create, join, and follow
- Libraries - share and enhance your knowledge by uploading and reviewing files relevant to communities and interests
- Robust profiles - feature your published works, personal social media links, and expanded job history
- Member directory - find and connect with MMA members that you know, or find new members to connect with
- Mobile capability - featuring an intuitive app allowing you to connect on the go